Port Brewing and The Lost Abbey
San Diego Sales Representative
Compensation: salary base pay with bonus opportunities. Car allowance.
Employment type: full-time
Are you a highly motivated self-starter who loves great beer, conversation and can sell ice to Eskimos? If so, you might be just the person we are looking for. Port Brewing and The Lost Abbey, a brewery located in San Marcos, California, has an immediate opening for a beer sales representative in the highly competitive San Diego Market.
A broad range of sales skills are required for this position with a shared focus for both on and off premise channels. Strong sales skills are a must for this job as well as the knowledge of beer production with an emphasis given to applicants who show a passion for Craft Beer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
– The proven ability to increase draft and bottle placements for all brands of beer we produce
– Focus on selling products and/or selling number of products in current accounts
– Identify major accounts that are not being penetrated and develop plan to establish business in those accounts
– Manage individual time and activities to maximize sales volume in defined territory
– Work with our distributor reps/managers on all levels to understand the market for our brands and opportunities for continued growth. Execute brewery programs and annual market plan.
– Work with wholesaler reps in market and communicate follow-up to reps and their managers via email.
– Formulate market plans by channel with our Sales Manager
– Monitor and evaluate distributor performance against Lost Abbey/Port Brewing and Hop Concept Goals
– Creates and fosters relationships with Key Accounts in market on own & in partnership with distributor
– Monitors distributor inventories at levels consistent to insure freshness & no out of stocks.
– Attend and participate in wholesaler sales meetings
– Manage crew drives, surveys and market audits
– Conduct wait staff / bartender educations, beers tastings and evening promotions
– Works market events & promotions. Promos, Beer dinners, Beer week etc.
– Educate distributor sales personnel on the Lost Abbey/Port Brewing portfolio and their individual brand standards we expect
– Organize, plan, develop and staff promotional & special events both in your territory and assist with brewery events as needed
– Manages, motivates & develops Lost Abbey/Port Brewing and Hop Concept business in all classes of trade
– Hold quarterly business reviews with the distributor management team.
– Communicate with Sales Manager in a timely manner about market conditions and needs. Monitor competitor activities in market.
Ideal Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
– Extremely organized and detail orientated
– Excellent analytical, written, problem solving and verbal communication skills a must
– Excellent persuasive selling and relationship development abilities
– Develop an exceptional knowledge of our deep portfolio of beers
– Hospitality or Service Based Experience is a plus
– Be familiar to read and analyze industry reports like VIP, IRI, Nielsen data to identify market opportunities to act upon with the distributor and make recommendations to retailers, Lost Abbey/Port Brewing and distributor
– Strong computer proficiency required in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
– Proven negotiation skills
– Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
– Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
– Expectation is a Monday through Friday work week with some night duties for promotional work and sales support. There will also be weekend events from time to time that requiring staffing and assistance.
Compensation will be a salary base pay with bonus opportunities and a car allowance.
Benefits include paid vacation, sick pay, holiday pay and of course FREE beer.
Please do not bring resumes into the Tasting Rooms (We want to save trees)
Send Resume & Cover Letter and Salary requirements to Jobs@lostabbey.com